In house design together with our partners, maximizing productivity, minimizing rejections and secondary operations
Advanced software and maintenance workshop, extending the life of tools
Our partner facilities can manufacture dies suitable for up to 1400 -ton die casting machines
Our technical team will collaborate with your own team for feedback on component design and possible improvements for casting & machining which normally leads to cost efficiencies. For tool design we complement our external partners tool design expertise so that the die cast mould is capable of producing the perfect cast part.
Pre-Design (in house)
By involving us in your component design process at the earliest stage, we can give you our feedback on ways to make them easier to manufacture, and most probably reducing the time/cost spent on each part.
Once the component is optimised, we then begin the process of tool design with our key partners, making sure that the flow of material into the mould cavity is calculated to minimise any mis-runs and/or cold flow which can lead to increased porosity levels.
To help us in this task we use
- Solid works & Solid edge software (CAD/CAM)
- Optimizing part design
- Functionality & ease/cost of manufacture
- Porosity, fill and longevity
- Optimizing mould design (with external tool makers)
- Casting simulation (Pro-cast)
- Optimizing process design
- Quality & ease of processing
- Appraisal (internal & external) on casting parameters & secondary processing
- Part Prototypes (if necessary)